Since the inception of the Macon Regional Crimestoppers program, tips provided through the hotline have resulted in over 6,493
arrests. During the same period, Crimestopper’s tips have led to over $792,543.00 in Recovered Property and over $324,520.00. in confiscated drugs. The total rewards paid through January 2023 are $1,092,748.00
YTD Rewards Paid
Since its inception, Macon Regional Crimestoppers tips have resulted in over 6,493 arrests. Some of the stories are dramatic, and leads provided through the Crimestoppers hotline have led to some high-profile arrests. Here are some case studies that illustrate how the Crimestoppers program helps catch criminals.
- Baldwin County Juvenile wanted for Murder, Apprehended by the U.S. Marshal’s.
2. Rowland, Charles, Apprehended by US Marshals, and Bibb County S. O.
The fugitive Rowland, Charles was wanted by the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office for Murder.
3. Jones, Demetrius, Apprehended by the Houston County Sheriff’s Office.
The fugitive Jones, Demetrius wanted by the Houston County Sheriff’s office for Burglary, 1st degree, and Obstruction of Law Enforcement.
4. Dennis, Nickolas, Apprehended by the US Marshals. The fugitive Dennis, Nickolas, was wanted by the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office for Aggravated Assault.
5. Gillis Jr., George L., Apprehended by the U.S. Marshals. The fugitive Gillis Jr., George L. was wanted by the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office for Aggravated Assault, False Imprisonment F/V, Battery F/V.
6. Bell, Gabriel, Apprehended by the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office. The fugitive Bell, Gabriel, was wanted by the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office for Armed Robbery.
7. Dees, Chandra, Apprehended by the Houston County Sheriff’s Office. The fugitive Dees, Chandra was wanted by the Bibb County Sheriff’s office for the Concealing Death of Another.