Since the inception of the Macon Regional Crimestoppers program, tips provided through the hotline have resulted in over 6,409
arrests. During the same period, Crimestopper’s tips have led to over $792,543.00 in Recovered Property and over $324,520.00. in confiscated drugs. The total rewards paid through July 2022 are $1,072,028.00
YTD Rewards Paid
Since its inception, Macon Regional Crimestoppers tips have resulted in over 6,409 arrests. Some of the stories are dramatic, and leads provided through the Crimestoppers hotline have led to some high-profile arrests. Here are some case studies that illustrate how the Crimestoppers program helps catch criminals.
- Fulford, Joseph L., Apprehended by Bibb County Sheriff’s SRT. The fugitive Joseph Fulford was wanted by the Crawford County Sheriff’s Office for Felony – Theft by Taking. This fugitive took a Susuki 125 motorcycle, valued at $2800.00, without the owner’s consent. The tip reward was not claimed.
2. Briscoe, Travis, Apprehended by the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office – SRT. The fugitive Travis Briscoe was wanted by the Twiggs County Sheriff’s Office for a bench Warrant for charges of Possession of Cocaine, Possession of Drug Related Items, Giving False Information to Law Enforcement.
3. Clarington, Dominque, Apprehended by the Houston County Sheriff’s Office – SRT. The fugitive Dominque Clarington was wanted by the Houston County S.O. for Sup. Ct. VOP. o/c Poss. of Methamphetamine.
4. Felder, Larry W., Apprehended by the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office – SRT. This fugitive Larry Felder was wanted by the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office for 2 counts Aggravated Assault, Stalking, Duty to Report an Accident Resulting in Injury or Death, Hit & Run, Driver to Return to the scene of Accident, Battery F/V, and Cruelty to Children.
5. Smith, Jack M., Apprehended by the U.S. Marshals. This fugitive Jack M. Smith was wanted by the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office for Aggravated Assault, Financial Transaction Card Fraud, and theft by Receiving Stolen Property.
6. Hooks, Calvin, Apprehended by the U.S. Marshals. This fugitive Calvin Hook was wanted by the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office for Kidnapping, Simple Battery, and Operating a Motor Vehicle without Insurance.