Since the inception of the Macon Regional Crimestoppers program, tips provided through the hotline have resulted in over 5,842 arrests. During the same period, Crimestoppers tips have led to over $784,294.00 in Recovered Property and over $284,550.00. in confiscated drugs. The total rewards paid through November 2019 are $924,334.00
YTD Rewards Paid
Since its inception, Macon Regional Crimestoppers tips have resulted in over 5,842 arrests. Some of the stories are dramatic, and leads provided through the Crimestoppers hotline have led to some high-profile arrests. Here are some case studies that illustrate how the Crimestoppers program helps catch criminals.
- Boutwell, Steven E.wanted by Bibb Co. Sheriff’s Office for Bench Warrant – State Court, Failure to Appear, Obstruction of an Officer, Burglary, Theft by Taking.
- Butler, Albert S.wanted by Bibb County Sheriff Office for Violation Probation – Superior Court. Upon arrest approx. $1500.00 drugs were recovered.
- Newnan, Kalyn K.wanted by Fort Valley Police Department for Exploitation of Disabled Adult and Financial Transaction Fraud.
- Strong, Kentarius A.wanted by Bibb County Sheriff Office for Probation Violation – Superior Court, Theft by Receiving; Bench warrant – Superior Court, Burglary and Probation Violation.
- Williams, Kevon D.wanted by Bibb County S.O. for Terroristic Threats & Acts and two counts of Aggravated Assault.
6. 3rd. Quarter TOP 15 MOST WANTED List – APPREHENSION – $1000.00 “reward paid”.
Welch, Tyree P. wanted by Bibb Co. S.O. for Participation in Criminal Gang Activity, Terroristic Threats and Acts, and Viplation of Probation, – Superior Court, Carry a Weapon at School.