Since the inception of the Macon Regional Crimestoppers program, tips provided through the hotline have resulted in over 5,865 arrests. During the same period, Crimestoppers tips have led to over $784,294.00 in Recovered Property and over $284,550.00. in confiscated drugs. The total rewards paid through November 2019 are $927,390.00
YTD Rewards Paid
Since its inception, Macon Regional Crimestoppers tips have resulted in over 5,865 arrests. Some of the stories are dramatic, and leads provided through the Crimestoppers hotline have led to some high-profile arrests. Here are some case studies that illustrate how the Crimestoppers program helps catch criminals.
- Veal, Dione M. Sr. & Morris, Rodney L. Sr., and Bush, Shauna M. wanted by Bibb Co. Sheriff’s Office for Conspiracy to Traffic Methamphetamine. Veal, Morris, and Bush conspired with Carlos Brown, Cartney Pitts, Roderick Chester, and Robert Whisby, Jr. to distribute large quantities of Methamphetamine throughout Bibb County. Conspiracy was verified through multiple telephone intercepts conducted by FBI.
- Hunt, Levi G. wanted by Peach County Sheriff Office for Aggravated Assault.
3. Dixon, Selena E. and Johnson, Makaya N. wanted by Houston County S.O. for Exploitation/Intimidation of Disabled/Elderly Person (2 counts), Theft by Taking, and Financial Transaction Fraud. Johnson, Makayla N. was wanted by Houston County for Exploitation/Intimidation of Disabled/Elderly Person (2 counts) and Neglect of Disabled Adult/Elderly Person (2 counts) in the same case.
- King, Dawn M. wanted by Taylor County Sheriff Office for 168 counts of Embezzlement.
5. Sandifer, Johnny B. III wanted by Jones County Sheriff’s Office for Aggravated Assault.
6. Bellflower, Joseph L. wanted by Bibb Co. S.O. for Superior Court Violation of Probation, Obstruction of L.E. and an additional warrant for Battery.